Whenever I hear the expression ‘future proofing’ I shudder with distaste for term.
It’s really about innovation, adaptability and influencing. Not becoming immune to or sheltered from the future.
Here’s my take on it:
- You can’t ‘future proof’. The future’s going to happen anyway, mostly beyond your control.
- If you think you can predict the future, you are a gambler with just a chance of getting it right.
- You’ll do well being ready and capable for dealing effectively with anything.
- You’ll be even better off by choosing to influence the future. Yes, it’s risky. You could even fail, but only if you give up.
- You could do nothing and just continue the status quo – then you’ll be better off dying now.
- The bottom line – you must keep learning, better, faster and forever. Or die.
What do you think?