1. For the Position, Power, Perks or Privileges?
2. To fulfill a dream of yours?
3. To serve others in striving towards a worthy vision?
4. A combination of 1 and 2 above?
5. A combination of 2 and 3 above?
Or some other reason?
I began my leadership journey, seeking to be an officer in the ADF, with 1 fully in mind.
by the time I graduated I had shifted to 2.
By the time I had experienced reality, I had shifted to 3.
Later I shifted to 2 and 3 combined.
1 is related purely to ego and is the best reason for NOT being a leader.
What about you?